Ticketing Specialist (Part-Time)
Ticketing specialists are energetic, outgoing, and disciplined individuals who provide best-in-class customer service to our patrons during all ticketing and donation transactions, as well as general inquiries. Ticketing specialists are not only helpful sales people, but also ambassadors for the organization. As front-line staff members, ticketing specialists interact with a wide range of patrons and represent the primary point of contact between most patrons and the DSO.
Ticketing specialists are members of the patron engagement team, which is committed to always being accommodating, responsive, knowledgeable, united, and disciplined in the fulfillment of its duties and responsibilities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor phones, windows and online sales during normal business hours and concert shifts.
- Provide excellent customer service during all ticketing and donation interactions while maximizing the value of each transaction.
- Thoughtfully and knowledgeably, answer patrons’ inquiries regarding the organization and concert experience.
- Work with patron engagement officers to resolve patron concerns, complaints, and disputes in a timely and discrete manner.
- Assist with donation, ticketing processing, and fulfillment for phone, window, group and online sales in a timely and accurate manner.
- Handle patron contact and financial information with the utmost care and confidentiality.
- Enter and update patron contact information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform general administrative duties and provide other box office assistance as needed.
- Reconcile money drawer against database reports on a daily basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience required.
- 1-2 years experience in a ticketing or customer service environment.
- Interest in classical music and the arts preferred. Knowledge of classical music a plus.
- Experience typing and working with computers. Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs a plus. Knowledge of ticketing systems, including Tessitura, a plus.
- Strong verbal communication skills and comfort on the phone.
- Attention to detail, strong organization skills, demonstrated punctuality, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Comfort with basic math skills and numbers, including arithmetic and percentages.
- Experience handling money and demonstrated absolute integrity and honesty in handling credit card information, personal checks, and cash.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- Outgoing, friendly, organized, detail-oriented, patient and creative individuals will be well-suited to thrive in this role.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment with a diverse range of coworkers and patrons.
Primary Reporting Responsibility: Patron Sales and Service Supervisor
Secondary Reporting Responsibility: Senior Manager of Event Operations
Ticketing Specialists will often be required to stand for long periods of time while assisting patrons. While most shifts will take place at the Max M. Fisher Music Center, ticketing specialists will also be assigned to work at a variety of venues throughout metro Detroit and are responsible for their own transportation. The DSO provides a mileage reimbursement when employees are required to work off-site.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All resumes are acknowledged with postcard or email upon receipt. No phone calls, please. The Detroit Symphony Orchestra is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values and encourages a diverse workforce.