Maintenance Aide II
Performs housekeeping, general maintenance and other assigned labor tasks related to the operation and upkeep of The Max M. Fisher Music Center. Cleans and maintains buildings/facilities. Provides janitorial services. With direction, performs maintenance service and repairs of carpentry, painting, plastering, plumbing, machine and electrical servicing. Is knowledgeable in the procedures and safety measures in these areas. Relies on instructions, pre-established guidelines and limited experience and judgment to perform certain functions of the job. Performs a variety of tasks
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Empties trash receptacles, replaces liners, and cleans receptacles in restrooms, offices, lounges, and other public areas.
- Cleans restrooms, including counter tops, sinks, urinals, mirrors, light fixtures and toilets. Replenishes paper supplies (towels, etc.) in restrooms as needed.
- Cleans counter tops, mirrors, light fixtures and walls as needed throughout the center and Lobby areas. Cleans all windows, ledges, moldings, frames and furniture throughout the center as, needed.
- Vacuums, dusts and wet mops all floor spaces throughout theater, all public areas and offices. Cleans carpets in all areas of the Hall as assigned. Dusts seats throughout theater and clean seats assigned.
- Replaces light bulbs in all areas of the center as needed.
- Picks-up trash around exterior of building. Removes weeds and debris from grounds, sidewalks, parking lots and other related properties of the Max.
- Shovels and salts sidewalks during snow season.
- Stocks, cleans and inventories supply storage areas.
- Completes minor equipment and cosmetic repairs as directed by Maintenance Supervisor.
- With direction, performs maintenance service and repairs of carpentry, painting, plastering, plumbing, machine and electrical servicing. Is knowledgeable in the procedures and safety measures in these areas.
- Identifies and assists the Maintenance Supervisor in correcting safety hazards through out facility.
- As scheduled by the Maintenance Supervisor provides maintenance support to Front of House management during DSO and 3rd Party rental concerts and other activities. Sets up equipment/furnishing for special front-of-house functions.
- Performs other duties and projects assigned.
Hours may be assigned using any combination of week and weekend hours (morning, afternoons, evenings and night time hours). Overtime will be required periodically, including evening show assignments, as scheduled.
High School graduate or G.E.D, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum six months general maintenance and housekeeping experience within a commercial, public performing arts or educational setting.
Primary Reporting Responsibility: Maintenance Supervisor
Qualified candidates should submit a resume with cover letter to Jobs@dso.org.
All resumes are acknowledged with postcard or email upon receipt. No phone calls, please. The Detroit Symphony Orchestra is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values and encourages a diverse workforce.