Foundation and Government Relations Officer
The DSO seeks a talented writer capable of nurturing and growing new and existing foundation and government relationships – ensuring that our institutional bonds extend deeper than the regimented process of writing and reporting frequently associated with this position. The FGRO is responsible for a portfolio of relationships that drive approximately $3.4 million annually.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop a working calendar of all foundation and government applications and reports
• Work closely with DSO staff and volunteers to develop proposal strategies and gather necessary information for grants.
• Actively develop new and deepen existing relationships with Board and staff of current and prospective foundation and government donors
• Research and produce foundation profiles for staff and volunteer use
• Maintain a record of all applications, reports and other critical information for all managed relationships
• Research and identify new funding prospects
• Work with the Corporate Relations Manager to provide support for corporate requests and reports when appropriate
• Work with DSO leadership to maintain and provide support for collaborative relationships with appropriate federal, state and city officials and agencies.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree required. Strong preference for majors in the arts and working knowledge of classical music a plus
• Prefer 2-4 years of grant writing experience with a demonstrated track-record of successfully building and retaining a renewable base
• Demonstrated strategic planning, analytical and project management skills
• Superior organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be a self-starter who is a strong and collaborative team member
• Familiarity with Tessitura or Raiser's Edge platforms, a plus
Reporting Responsibility: Senior Director of Patron & Institutional Advancement
Supervisory Staff: None
Applicants should send resumes and writing samples to email@example.com